Rex Airlines flies to Burketown to/from Mt Isa and Cairns stopping at Doomadgee, Mornington Island and Normanton. Burketown Rex agents are unable to book flights please book online at REX or call 13 17 13
Check In Information:
- Check in for your flight at the Burke Shire Council Administration Office (next to the tennis courts on Musgrave Street)
- Check in for flights close 60 minutes prior to departure (we recommend you check in 90 minutes prior to departure)
- After checking in passengers need to be at the airport 20 minutes prior to flight arrival
- Please note some flights may arrive and depart earlier than the scheduled time
- Passengers with special requirements need to check in no later than 90 minutes prior to departure time
- Passengers who fail to present themselves at check-in and at the Airport Gate by these time may NOT be permitted to board and be deemed as a ‘No Show’ which may result in the forfeiture of your fare for certain fare classes.
Burketown, QLD 4830
The Burketown Aerodrome is owned and operated by Burke Shire Council. It primarily caters for Emergency Services, Rex Operations, light aircraft and helicopters.
Security Pedestrian Gate
- A Security Pedestrian Gate has been installed. The Security Gate will prevent unauthorised access and is fully supported by the Aviation Transport Security Office.
- The Pedestrian Gate is controlled by a pin code system.
- To gain access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, aircraft owners and operators will need to phone Burke Shire Council during office hours on (07) 4745 5100 to gain the gate pin code.
Fuel Facilities & Refuelling
- AvGas Fuel is available.
- Cardlock available and/or call Nowland Engineering for further information - phone: (07) 4745 5107
- Refuelling is not to take place during regular public transport operations and the fuelling apron is to be made and kept clear if requested.
- Council's Aerodrome Officer directions must be followed at all times.
- All aircraft requiring to park or refuel on the main apron must obtain prior permission from Burke Shire Council.
- For further Pilot information pertaining to the Aerodrome please refer to the ERSA.
- The suitability of these airstrips is not guaranteed. Pilots use at own risk.
Gregory Air Strip
Gregory Lawn Hill Road
Gregory, QLD 4830
The Gregory Air Strip is owned and operated by Burke Shire Council. It primarily caters for Emergency Services, light aircraft and helicopters.
- For further Pilot information pertaining to the Air Strip please refer to the ERSA.
- The suitability of this airstrip is not guaranteed. Pilots use at own risk.
Aircraft Landing and Other Fees
Please refer to Burke Shire Councils Fees and Charges 2023-2024