North West Hospital & Health Service - Burketown Health Care Clinic
Is a Level 1 facility under the Rural and Remote Clinical Services Capability Framework. The service provides low-risk ambulatory care provided by nursing, administration and operational staff. The Burketown Primary Health Clinic encompasses a nurse-led and visiting Medical Officer model of care.
The facility provides:
- a nurse-led acute and emergency service with a hospital-based ambulance
- coordination and care for specialist services, chronic disease management and stabilisation of acute care patients prior to transfer to a higher-level facility
- pharmacy services, antenatal and postnatal care and community home visits
The Royal Flying Doctor Service provides a weekly General Practitioner clinic and fortnightly child health clinic.
Visiting services include allied health services, Mobile Women’s Health, Indigenous Cardiac Outreach Program, endocrinology, diabetes nurse practitioner, ophthalmology and breast screening.
Burketown Primary Care Health Clinic Contact Details
- General clinic enquiries between 9am to 5pm, please call: (07) 4745 5133
- In an emergency call: 000
- Beames Street, Burketown QLD 4830
North and West Remote Health (Mount Isa)
The NWRH team provides a number of services to people in the Burke Shire.
- To provide services that support and help frail older people and younger people with disabilities to live independently at home.
- To understand and support those who are socially isolated, and in remote areas.
- To ensure that their individual needs are adequately met.
North and West Remote Health (Mount Isa) Contact Details
- Address: 3 Lucy St, Mount Isa, Qld 4825
- Post: PO Box 1127, Mount Isa Qld 4825
- Phone: 07 4749 0676 FREE CALL 1800 221 131
- Fax: 07 4743 4858