Burke Shire Council supports the community through an annual donations (financial and in-kind) programme for special projects and events within the Shire.
These applications are considered on a case-by-case basis as they are received.
To be eligible for this support, the following criteria should be met:
- The requested support must provide a direct benefit to the Burke Shire community
- Applicants must agree to comply with conditions which Council may apply to the support provided, for example, provision of a not-for-profit organisation's financial statements or evidence of public acknowledgment of Council's support.
The following applications will generally be considered ineligible:
- The applicant has previously received support but has failed to meet the conditions of that support
- The applicant has an outstanding debt with Council
- The project is for a private commercial (for profit) activity
- The project does not provide a direct benefit to the Burke Shire community.
Types of support offered through this programme include waiving fees associated with hiring council facilities; waiving photocopying charges; providing monetary donations; and the provision of plant (with operator) and equipment for community events just to name a few.
To obtain a copy of the Burke Shire Council Donation Request Form, contact the Council on (07) 4745 5100 between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email you a copy of the form which can be filled out electronically.
Form available for download below: